TYA believes that children can be nurtured and sharpened like arrows to make a positive impact in society, and to be future leaders. TYA aims to nurture children aged six to 12, from low-income or single-parent families through programmes conducted by committed teams of volunteer coaches across 24 TYA Clubs in Singapore. With a low volunteer-child ratio, special focus is set aside to meet the children’s social, emotional and educational needs. As part of TYA’s vision to nurture children, TYA believes in strengthening families as well as enabling volunteers to help children realise their potential.
TYA’s mission is to:
- Strengthen child’s familial relationships
- Help develop every child and young person to uncover their potential in a positive learning environment
- Inculcate moral values and build character in every child and young person
- Nurture and challenge every young person to continuously contribute to the society
- Encourage, equip and enable every volunteer to strengthen children, young persons and families
TYA’s programme includes:
- Weekly one and a half hours of free academic coaching (English and Mathematics) followed by one hour of values-driven activities
- Year-round character development camps
- Family bonding events and parenting talks
- Home visitation and social assistance
Currently, we have 24 TYA Clubs around Singapore.
For more information, please refer to the TOUCH website HERE.